The Lost Paradise Bible!
THE FOLLOWING BLOG CONTAINS ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LOST PARADISE (the important stuff). PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY!
- Once entering the site, your cars will be searched THOROUGHLY by onsite security. Do not attempt any funny business!
- You will then be directed to the Box Office where you will need to have your PHOTO ID’s ready (scanned PHOTO ID’s are NOT PERMITTED), BARCODED TICKETS (these can be PRINTED or presented on your MOBILE*) and your CAR/RV PASS. REMEMBER: If you are arriving on the EXTRA DAY you MUST have an EXTRA DAY PASS.
- Your vehicles will then be directed to car parking.
*There is minimal reception on site so make sure you have your BARCODED TICKETS already downloaded to your phone.
GATE OPENING TIMES
28TH DECEMBER: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (ENTRY IS PERMITTED ONLY WITH AN EXTRA DAY TICKET)
29TH DECEMBER: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
30TH DECEMBER: 8:00AM – 4:00PM
31ST DECEMBER: 8:00AM – 12:00PM
SITE EXIST TIMES
1ST JANUARY: 8:00AM – 2:00PM*
*Please note the entire campsite will close at 2:00PM in which case you must be off of site with ALL your belongings collected. Leave no trace!
- Multiple Toilet Blocks
- Multiple Shower Blocks
- Multiple Water Re-Fill Stations (please bring reusable water container!)
- Campground Cantina (North Campground, South Campground and Glamping Areas)
- General Store
- 5 Seeds Paradise Bar
- Clothing Stalls Including Merchandise Outlet
- 20 Food Vendors
- Phone Recharge Stall
- Lost and Found Helper Hut
- Medical Tent
LOST AND FOUND
Our Helper Hut in Campsite A will be will be open from the hours of 8AM to 8PM on the 28TH, 29TH, 30TH and 31ST. On the 1ST, the Helper Hut will be open from 9AM to 1PM. These guys are here to answer ANY questions you may have and to collect any lost and found objects from the festival. If you have lost anything, be sure to pay them a visit. If you realise you have lost something AFTER the festival, all found/handed in items will be returned to Head Office. Please contact us by clicking HERE. All found/handed in phones, wallets and ID’s will be sent to the Police. All other items will be donated to charity if not collected by January.
Glass, alcohol brought in from outside the event bars, illegal drugs, skateboards, boogie boards, milk/bread crates, chairs (folding, portable, camping–these are allowed in the camping area), anything studded (i.e. belts, wristbands etc.), weapons of any kind, fireworks, fire twirling devices, warning flares, video and tape recording devices (smartphones are allowed), professional still cameras (small still cameras ARE allowed), laser lights, umbrellas (use a plastic poncho or a raincoat instead), water pistols, any other items considered illegal or dangerous, animals.
INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR TICKETS
If you can’t find your tickets in your INBOX, please login to our official ticketing provider Pulse Radio. When purchasing your tickets, an account was been created in the backend of Pulse Radio. To access your account, you will need to “RESET PASSWORD” on the Sign In pop up:
Click on the highlighted icon in the top RIGHT hand corner of the webpage:
Enter your email and click ‘Help, I forgot my password’
A RESET PASSWORD link will be sent through to your email account. Follow the prompts to reset your password. You will then have full access to your Pulse Account.
Select the highlighted icon in the top RIGHT hand corner of the webpage:
A drop down menu will appear. Click on MY TICKETS:
WHAT TO BRING
- Your GENERAL ADMISSION ticket (THE ONLY VALID TICKET OF ENTRY INTO THE FESTIVAL)
- ID (current drivers license, passport, birth certificate)*
- EXTRA DAY ticket if you are coming in on the EXTRA DAY
- COACH TICKET if you are travelling on the official Lost Paradise return coach service
- CAR PASS if you are driving and parking your car on site
- GLAMPING TICKET if you are Glamping
- LOST FEAST ticket/s if you are attending Lost Feast
- Tent (PACK IT UP WHEN YOU’RE DONE WITH IT. If you don’t want it – bin it!). If you can’t be bothered with the whole camping thing, purchase one of our many Glamping options
- Sleeping bag (you’d be surprised how cold it can get in the wee hours of the morning in the valley).
- Mattress/sleeping mat
- Money/cards to top up your CASHLESS wristband
- Esky (we’ll be selling ice)
- Food (no fires or gas allowed in the festival for obvious safety reasons but bring all the dry food you need)
- Reusable cups, cutlery, plates etc.
- Bring a reusable water bottle (TRY AND AVOID PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES AS THIS GENERATES HEAPS OF WASTE!)
- Bin bags!
- Bring along your positive and friendly attitude 🙂
* PLEASE NOTE, PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS VALID FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
GETTING TO AND FROM LOST PARADISE
Located just one hours drive from the centre of Sydney and set in 3000 lush acres, Glenworth Valley is the perfect escape from the city.
- BY ROAD
Travelling North from Sydney on the Sydney-Newcastle Freeway
14km north after the Brooklyn Bridge take the Calga/Peats Ridge Exit. The Glenworth Valley exit is 3km off the Peats Ridge Exit.
Travelling South from Gosford and Newcastle on the Sydney-Newcastle Freeway
2km after the Mooney Mooney Bridge take the Calga/Peats Ridge Exit. The Glenworth Valley Exit is 4km after the Peats Ridge Exit.
Using a GPS to navigate to Glenworth Valley
When using a GPS to drive to Glenworth Valley, you will need to enter the address as 69 Cooks Road, Peats Ridge (DO NOT input Glenworth Valley only).
2. PUBLIC TRANSPORT
The closest train station is Gosford. On arrival at Gosford you will need to then catch a taxi to Glenworth Valley, which is approximately a $50 fare each way.
3. LOCAL TAXIS
Taxis from the station should cost no more than around $50 each way from Gosford Station, which you can share with fellow travellers. Some of the local tried and tested licensed taxi firm numbers are:
- Central Coast Taxis (02) 4337 3900
- Taxis combined 131 008
4. CAR SHARE
At this year’s Lost Paradise we are committed to making the festival as green as possible and ask you all to consider your environment and the effect your travel has on it.
We have teamed up with the friendly peeps at La Mule to help encourage as many of you as possible to share car journeys by offering lifts.
Why not share your festival road trip adventure with some new faces? La Mule is a ride sharing platform that easily allows you you to post and find rides with fellow festival goers. Its a great way to meet new people, make new friends and even save the environment through lowering car emissions. La Mule can help you out just check out http://lamule.info/lost-paradise to find a ride!
Just click on our page and add your journey, whether you are driving or looking for a lift, and they will match you with someone going the same way.
5. OFFICIAL LOST PARADISE CAR POOLING GROUP
Click HERE to arrange ride-sharing to and from Lost Paradise 2016. Chat and connect with people on Facebook to organise your trips to and from the festival!
Welcome to our CASHLESS system where you will pay for EVERYTHING on site with your wristband! So, how do you get ahold of your wristband?
- You will be given a wristband at the entry gate by one of our Lost Paradise door team when your General Admission tickets are authorised, scanned and processed.
- Once you enter the festival, there will be 3 various TOP UP STATIONS. These can be found in the Lost Village, beside the main bar and the North Campground.
- The top up stations will operate from 9AM-2AM daily.
- You will be able to top up your CASHLESS WRISTBAND using both cash and card. Please note, there is a $3.00 surcharge for every time you top up with CARD.
- The minimum amount to put onto your wristbands is $10.00.
- The maximum amount to put onto your wristbands is $1000.00.
To view the full Terms & Conditions, click HERE.
Quotes & Reviews
"All the elements are spot on – location, audience, line-up and weather. Wonderful memories of an inspirational festival."- Greg Wilson
"I remember the first time I played this festival I went for a walk around and thought, 'this is the kind of festival that if I wasn’t working at I'd go to'. Last year after I played I walked around out the front to see Motor City Drum Ensemble and my feelings were the same - I’d happily do it again..."- Touch Sensitive
"There are music festivals, then there is the mind-body-soul experience that is Lost Paradise."- Time Out
"If you're the adventurous type, being amongst the spectacular Glenworth Valley is heaven! Have a kayak... experience the spiritual realm in the Shambala tent. Throughout the festival there is always something great going on..."- MTV
"Lost Paradise changed my life. I continually chase the feeling of community and friendliness it gives me. All my friends are sick of hearing me talk about it."- Jack Morrison, Lost Paradise tribe
"You've already made Lost Paradise great! I will be spending every New Years there, thanks the fantastic memories and a wonderful start to the new year."- Olivia Booth, Lost Paradise tribe
"The food vendors last year were pretty much all you could hope for... lots of variety and not too expensive!"- Georgia Burns, Lost Paradise tribe
"Keep doing what you’re doing! Such an amazing, intimate festival. Felt like everyone there was one big family. Had a really amazing feel - everyone was supportive and comfortable and wanted each other to have a fabulous time."- Janice Muller, Lost Paradise tribe
"Bars tucked away in the forest, spa treatments, and '7,000 beautiful humans' partying to the world's best musicians: Welcome to 'Lost Paradise', Australia's answer to Coachella".- DailyMail
"Lost Paradise is committed to giving punters a distinctly boutique experience, with an attendance of 8,000 punters, all getting lost in live music from some of the world’s most original musicians, food curated by Sydney’s top chefs, and more".- TONEDEAF